7 DIY Wall Paint ideas trending in 2017

White walls serve as blank canvases...fill them with amazing works of art and showcase your taste! 

Buying wallpapers sometimes break your bank and posters do not always justify your personal taste. Thus, painting your blank walls is the best option. If you are on a tight schedule or budget, hiring professional paint service is not your cup of tea. Why I am saying this? Well, I hired two professionals to paint the walls of my new flat. I instructed them how I want my wall to look a bit different and extra-ordinary. They discussed for few minutes among themselves and came up with the charges and time-frame. Honestly, I couldn't afford the charges as well as the time. I could not pay so much for so little that I asked. So, I figured out how to do it myself and it was quite successful. If you too are looking for some amazing and easy DIY wall paint ideas for your room, these fun and simple ideas may trigger your interest.
Nevertheless to say, this project was so much fun to do and doesn’t really require any skills. You can even involve your family on a free weekend to do this fun task together.

1.       Captions for kids room
Writing one liners, morals or poems on the walls is a good way to decorate your kid’s room. Buy alphabet stencil, glow-in-dark additive or pen from a local craft store and you are all set to go! You can also decorate the ceiling by drawing stars and moon. This will get them excited to turning off the light quickly at night.


2.       Veggies for symmetric patterns
Sounds funny right! But trust me this is the most effective and easy way to make patterns in your wall. Mix paint and water in the required proportion (I mixed 400 ml of water in one litre of paint). As you are drawing patterns, make sure the paint solution is not very flowy or drippy. Next, take veggie of your choice, for example – Lemon or Cabbage. Cut it in half. Dip the cut out edge in the paint and stamp it on the wall. You can repeat the process to cover the entire wall. Isn’t it fun and easy?


3.       Masking tape art
 Taping up your wall is another time saving technique that you can do-it-yourself very easily. First sketch a geometric pattern or any straight line art in a paper. Stick the masking tape to the wall by following the pattern you have drawn on the paper. It could be series of hexagon, a cityscape, brick pattern, asymmetric lines or anything. Once you stick the tape properly, apply paint of your choice with a roller. You can also paint multiple colours on the wall to give it a bright, colourful look. Once the paint dries, pull out the tapes carefully. Try and see how it turns out. Here is mine.


4.       Bubbles with bowl
Like veggies, you can take bowls of different sizes, dip it in the paint and stamp it on the wall. This will create amazing bubble patterns. Use different colours to add zing to the white primer in the background.


5.       Ombre effect with Sea weed sponge paint
I was not sure of the outcome at first. But, as the results are quite intriguing, I must share it. Take a sea weed sponge. Choose a colour and prepare 3, 4 lighter shades of the same color. For example, if you chose parrot green, mix some sunny yellow or white colour with the same to create lighter versions of it. Dip the sponge in the colour (the lighter shades first) and stamp it on the wall. Repeat the process until you cover the whole wall. Now dip the sponge in the darker version and dab it on the wall. Start from the top or bottom of the wall to get that ombre kinda effect. 



6.       Summer theme with sands
This is an ultra-cool technique that I used to give a beach kind of theme to my living room. As India mainly has summer, I thought this theme would go perfect. You may alter it as per your climate or what soothes you most. Ok, now coming to ‘what I did’. I painted waves and beach in an art paper, stick it to the wall. Then, I applied some glue where I drew the beach. I stick some sand, pebbles and shells (that I collected during my vacation to Andaman). It gives such a refreshing feel whenever I look at.



7.       Uneven texture with tissue paper
Texturing your wall is pretty simple and it can add depth to your living room. Ok, let’s get straight to the things you need - a roller brush, primer, choice of your paint and of course lots of tissue papers. The technique is simple. Crumble each tissue paper gently with hands. After applying the primer, place the crumbled tissues flat on the wall. Apply paint of your choice with a roller. For a better textured finish, pick up a paint glaze that is darker than the shade of plaint you have applied on the wall. Or, a more pocket-friendly choice is to mix glitter with the paint and apply on the crumbs.

  

Try these techniques and see how it comes out. If you feel like sharing some new techniques, please go ahead! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spontaneous Overflow of Powerful Emotions

Trip to Valley of Flowers in 2017 – Things You Need To Know

Do Not See, But Perceive